Search

Monday, April 25, 2011

An Autumn wedding

For a friend's wedding recently I made chocolate mud cake filled with dark chocolate-raspberry ganache. It was a little bitter to my liking, but I'm certain that to those who prefer dark chocolate, this slight bitterness is rather delicious. :)

Made a set of wedding figurines as well, working around my little boy's sleep & waking hours in the process. I'm hoping it will get better and better as I have another wedding cake for this coming Spring.
Autumn wedding topper

The cake itself is a simple three-tiers of off-white with a chocolate sugar ribbon band around each tier. On the day, the florist scattered fresh burnt orange roses all around it. Great that the day went smooth for the bride & the groom... though the clouds hung low in the morning, the day cleared up and stayed crisp & fine, just like a perfect Autumn day should be...

 
Autumn wedding reminds me of our own wedding, and how the weather (thank God!) turned out fine for the day, though some areas rained in Perth then. Thinking back, I'd rather have much smaller wedding than what we had (though it was considerably small with only 210 guests in attendance). I feel small and intimate is the best when one wants to plan a wedding. Even better, make it into a destination wedding, so only a select handful of people, you closest ones, could attend your special day. That way you don't have to worry about seating arrangements and the number of RSVPs ^_^. Now that's a win-win solution, no?