Search

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Peking Duck lunch

It's been a while ago since I enjoy something mundane such as going out to eat in the city. It makes me shudder to think of bringing Rafael in a stroller to a crowded restaurant just to eat something nice such as pork rice or roast duck - it's just not worth the pain, though it didn't lessen my wanting Peking duck :(

Thanks to my husband's effort, today we are enjoying a MYO Peking duck lunch. Well, I'm not cooking duck, ever since that incident with cooking duck al galantine, I vowed not to cook duck ever again. Anyway, he bought the marinated duck from Good Fortune roast duck house; and we're roasting it ourselves! coz' Peking duck just has to be eaten right away, when it's still crunchy and steaming hot, yum!


So, I prepared the accompaniments, cucumber, spring onion, ready-made pancakes *steamed for 8 long minutes* hoi sin sauce and lettuce leaves. A roasts the duck in the oven at 185C, for about 30 minutes, (I truly lost track of time, I was just watching the duck cooks while drooling) until the skin becomes crispy, yet the meat still tender. 

Just like at restaurants, A sliced the crispy skin off the whole duck, I sliced the meat for sang choy bao, and the bones go into the pan for soup.. 3 course meal in one go! Finally.... we're enjoying our very own scrumptious Peking duck lunch!!

bliss!