Search

Saturday, November 27, 2010

On raffle tickets and competitions

I want to quit being a sloth and actually post daily, but it is such a difficult task to do... 
Anyways, when I went to IKEA last week, I was onto something good. I found out about the gingerbread house competition that they're holding, and that instantly perked me up. The idea is for you to get a pack of their "Pepparkakhus" (Ginger bread house), then decorate it to your heart's content, submit a picture of the result to IKEA, then cross your fingers as you wait for the judges to vote.



Apparently, the best 10 entries will be rewarded with a $100 gift voucher.. that's quite neat, right? (I could use one for sure!)
  
I love competitions and raffles despite the sad fact that I've only ever won a small Easter raffle back in my high school years... perhaps it's because of this unfulfilled yearning, I'm always excited when I see raffle ticket booths... especially those ones that have a car display alongside the booth. You just know you'll never win one, yet it lures you to buy the ticket, doesn't it? 


Well, wish me luck, I shall update the result within a few weeks' time.. :)
For more details on this competition,grab a copy of the form in the store. Be quick though, it closes on 12th December'10!!