Search

Monday, November 22, 2010

Shop til' you drop?

With the end of the month fast approaching, I have to start thinking about the baby's nursery. Yes, indeed, the baby's due in the beginning of Feb, if not the end of January, and I haven't even started? I must be one of the most relaxed would-be-moms around here. 


Truthfully, I have been feeling rather homely these days, and shopping for baby stuff is rather an overwhelming experience! There are so many nice, cute things (not necessarily important things) out there that makes you want to buy 'em all! So, the trip to the shop just gets delayed and delayed some more until I noticed the date.. and that made me look for books & magazines on essential baby items. I found Cosmo pregnancy baby checklist a pretty useful read for a starter.



I feel that sometimes having a baby means you have to allocate a tremendous budget for him/her. (imagine, you need a new bed, new bathtub, changing table, new wardrobe, car seat, transportation (a.k.a stroller) and you may need to upgrade your car too, new set of clothes, nappies, sterilisation kit, and so on and so forth..) the list is seemingly endless. 

I guess it pays to be a little creative in accommodating this new person into the family, such as lobbying friends & family for their used baby goods *grins*, and checking out online shops. I found a great long list on the same magazine above, so I will start looking very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment