Search

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby Shopping - part I

Aching all over from four hours of walking & shopping & carrying baby products back and forth. As the end of the year draws near, I'm becoming more & more reluctant to go shopping because of the sea of people one tends to encounter at the malls. Garden city was no exception...

We stopped by at Miss Maud's at the mall, because I was getting a sudden craving for croissant (don't ask how much weight I've gained, I particularly want to avoid this topic!!!) with ham & cheese, but since they ran out of ham, I asked for turkey instead; hopefully a lighter choice of snack.. ^_~ On a more positive note, my care provider has gotten back to me recently with the good news that my glucose test was normal *reaching out for a piece of Ferrero rocher...* so I was rather happy about it! 

I've been purchasing the bulk of what's supposed to be the essential baby items; including a cot (finally), bottle sterilizer system, swaddle fabric, even down to little tidbits like cotton balls and nappies. I must say it's been quite a satisfying experience, getting all those items and arranging them in our baby nursery (which really IS our room, the baby's taking a big chunk of it now..) and it seems that our living quarter is already getting smaller once the bigger items are set up, especially the bathroom space, it's at a premium now!! :P

There's this feeding chair that I've been eyeing but so far I haven't found the right shade, it's Babyhood Diva Glider chair in beige, and I love the neutral shade so much I've been calling baby stores all over Perth to get that specific shade. So far, I have no luck, but hopefully one store will get back to me and tell me their good news tomorrow..?

It's so comfy to sit on..

An interesting point to note while I'm preparing the arrival of the bub, I was taking out the clothes' tags out of the baby's onesies, even the one with "Low fire danger" written on it, and made little tear at the neckline. Then, I mended them one by one, not with glue (eventhough I was sorely tempted), but with a needle & thread. For someone who has never really sewn anything in my life (save for a few buttons), I managed to get them mended without getting my hands bloodied from needle pricks, and that was tough, because my fingers felt stiff from those darned little stitches. x_x~ Perhaps I should really take up sewing classes.. hmmm...