Search

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

milestone - the 8th month

Whee.. 8 months today! Despite the additional weight that makes me breathless at times, it's been quite a smooth sailing, and on the last check up a few days ago, my doctor even complimented me on the within-limit-weight-gain this time (supposed to be about a kilo at each monthly check up). Now he's 1.6kg or thereabouts and lying breech.. Last time he laid transverse/ completely horizontal in the womb, but now his head is poking my ribs (thankfully, only occasionally) and his legs kick low in the abdomen.

Currently I'm up to scratch with most of the baby's stuff, and even am preparing the hospital bag at this stage too.. Nappies are all washed and ready to go, baby clothing washed and folded, all that's left is to fix up the bed sheets a few days before the scheduled delivery, I guess..

About baby clothing, it's so darned tempting to buy a whole lot of cute onesies for summer, but considering baby's rapid growth rate, I really had to exercise self-control here ^_~
a few size 000's and a couple of 00's are apparently all he'd need to get through the initial few months... 

e-Bay's a good place to go, I've been re-acquainting myself with e-Bay since a couple of weeks ago, scouring the huge online market for interesting items. And that brought me to a question, "to sling or not to sling?" :) another classic argument about how you carry the bub.. Well, hopefully not like the picture below ~_~!!


from : http://www.eupeople.net/fun/cheap%20baby%20sling.jpg

They even strangle the ducky too, poor things! anyway, I have my eyes set on Baby Bjorn, it seems like a sensible choice and quite light & airy.. One word of caution, a mere look at their range or baby carriers will overwhelm your senses... again, just like the confusing nappy choices, there are literally a hundred or more different types of slings out there.. Sigh, I guess I have another homework to do now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment