Search

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feeling indulgent

It was a humid, sticky afternoon, the kind that saps your energy like a vacuum cleaner sucks dusts.... But I was rejuvenated, thanks to the pregnancy massage treatment booked in a few weeks ago, the two-hour session of gentle massage followed with a pedicure really did wonders to soothe my aching muscles.. I wish I had done it sooner (and more often ^^)

After the massage treatment, my other half and I went to have lunch at Senzaki in the city, I think it's located at where Mr. Samurai used to be. Such a shame that Mr. Samurai is closed, though. 

The place sells ramen and a host of other things too, and for once I went against the 'faux pas' of eating hot, soupy stuff in the middle of a hot day. I actually ordered a buttered corn ramen, just because the picture looked so good.

It was a right decision on my part, for the ramen turned out to be very nice, subtle in taste with sweet corn, a dollop of butter (believe me, it is nice even if it sounds odd!), the pork slices were tasty, and had that melt-in-the mouth quality.. The broth is also quite mildly seasoned so I could actually finish the whole bowl of soup. 


If you've been to Arigataya, you'll also get great ramen, I especially like their miso ramen, but I feel their ramen broth makes me want to drink a lot of water afterwards. It was certainly nice to try out different places to eat. 

Senzaki is a lovely place to enjoy ramen, and I'll be sure to try out their ebi-don the next time I'm in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment